How To Clean COFFEE Spills From Carpet: Steam Clean Express
When it comes to spilled coffee, time is of the essence, the sooner you can treat these spills, the less likely that there will be a stain.
- For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
- Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
- Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
- Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
- Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
- If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
- Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
- Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
- Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
- If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
- Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
- If stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
For a professional call Steam Clean Express at 403-340-9015 to book your appointment!
To ensure all carpets are cleaned to an optimum, Steam Clean Express use only truck-mounted steam cleaning systems operated by certified carpet cleaning technicians. We also employ the following 3 step cleaning procedure: First, we prespray all carpets & chairs with a high quality cleaning solution, we then Steam Clean the carpets & chairs with fresh soft water (temperature range 210-230 F), and finally we apply fiber rinse neutralizer which helps keep the soil build-up to a minimum. Less soil buildup means better looking carpets and less carpet wear. Please note we have just purchased a new truck mounted cleaning system. State of the art technology offers more heat for the cleaning water, and greater suction, which equates to better over-all cleaning and drying time.
Steam Clean Express has recently been declared 1st runner up in the Red Deer Reader’s Choice awards for “Best Carpet Cleaner” 2014. We have been the winner or 1st runner up in the Red Deer Reader’s Choice awards for favorite carpet cleaner for the last 14 years in a row.