Carpet cleaning is a great household chore. It's not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dust that is trapped in the rug fibers. When the dust is hard to eradicate, you might want to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner specifically if you have wall to wall carpeting which takes hours to complete alone. However, for those who have decided to do the cleaning yourself, we are glad to provide you with seven great tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your rug washing supplies in one bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read thoroughly the instructions on the rug cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package guidelines to ensure safety.
3. Take out almost all of the furnishings and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let loved ones leave the area while you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of debris that is certainly trapped on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the entrance. If you use liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are typical so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt and grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the spills are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Red Deer County, Alberta especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Red Deer County, Alberta. Call them now and let them help you.